JILS - Transformers:Metering, Heating and Harmonics
Topics to be discussed include:
1) Harmonics and three phase transformers
2) Three-phase metering units for solar installation
3) CT design under power grid harmonic conditions
4) Temperature rise calculation of three-phase isolation transformers components inside enclosure under harmonics while only open-air temperature results are available
5) Design of suitable enclosure for three-phase transformers under harmonic conditions
Michael Robert Larkin, Managing Director, Tortech Pty Ltd
Michael Larkin, CP Eng. B Eng.UNSW (Hons)
M.D. Tortech P/L; M.D. Tortech Lighting P/L
• Michael was a Sir William Tyree scholarship holder in 1973 at the UNSW School of Electrical Engineering.
• He has a financial degree from the Kuring-Gai College of Advanced Education
• Michael’s background is in electrical transformers dating back to 1976. He designed the first 500Kv post type outdoor CT while working at Tyree. He has worked at Tyree Electrical, Westinghouse Tyree and Ferguson transformers.
• Michael set up a company in 1987 called Tortech P/L. This company originally specialised in toroidal transformers. Later it branched out to include 3 phase transformers and other products.
• Michael has a keen interest in education and training of undergraduate engineers and Tortech has an interesting internship program.
Date and Time
- Date: 01 Mar 2019
- Time: 05:30 PM to 07:30 PM
- All times are (UTC+10:00) Sydney
- Add Event to Calendar
- Engineers Australia Harricks Auditorium
- 8 Thomas Street
- Chatswood, New South Wales
- Australia 2067
- Building: Ground Floor