IEEE Central Texas Section Fall ExCom - SecCom Meeting
IEEE CENTRAL TEXAS SECTION FALL EXCOM MEETING
As leaders we are entrusted to represent IEEE, section, society, council, affinity group in providing values to members who paid their dues and in return we received some rebate.
Join us for our IEEE Central Texas Section Fall ExCom SecCom meeting, which is designed to give an opportunity for reporting, dialog, networking and planning ahead. The meeting will have three segments:
- Section, Officers, committees, and dialog
- Students Branch Activities
- Chapters and Affiliation Group
For reporting, please use the attached template (or request a copy).
Some questions that may help preapring the slides include:
- Is the vision & objectives of your chapter clearly communicated to your audience?
- Do you have expertise profile about your OU?
- Are you giving the audience a compelling content?
- Do you have a way of knowing if the topic being presented resonate with the audience?
- Do you have good/excellent attendance?
- What steps are you taking to expand the base?
- What are your top 3-4 needs to do the job more effectively?
After you enter the chapter/affinity group name and your name, there are 3 slides that are need input from each chapter/affinity Group:
- In one sentence, what is the vision & objectives of your chapter?
- Leadership Team
- TSize and profile of your chapter/affinity group
- Key Accomplishments:
- -> Meetings: List tof topics & dates, attendees (IEEE, non-IEEE)
- -> Others (Outreach, ...)
- What are the top 3-4 areas you are facing as challenge? Please provide 1-2 lines details.
-- Other slides can be added as backup
Please send a copy of your presentation to Clif Denny. (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Fawzi Behmann (email@example.com) by August 22.
Suggested presentation file naming Format:
Please name your file using the following format
Aus/SA chaptername_2019_FALL_your first & last name.ppt
For example, Aus_LM_2019_FALL_Kai Wong.ppt
Please let Joe/Fawzi know if you have any question. Also, if you need the TEMPLATE, please send a request to
1. From IH-35, take Exit 206 onto Aquarena Springs Drive and travel west 1.4 miles. Keep left to take the overpass.
2. Just after crossing the river, turn right at the light onto Sessom Drive. Stay on Sessom Drive to the third lighted intersection.
3. Turn left onto Comanche Street.
4. Drive 0.3 miles to stop sign and turn left at Woods Street.
5. Turn left onto Talbot Street and immediate left onto the Woods Street garage entrance. McCoy Hall is located on the north side of garage.
Date and Time
- Date: 24 Aug 2019
- Time: 07:00 AM to 03:00 PM
- All times are US/Central
- Add Event to Calendar
- Texas State University (TSU), Ingram School of Engineering
- 310 W. Woods St.
- San Marcos, Texas
- United States 78666
- Building: Ingram Hall - IGRM
- Click here for Map
- Starts 15 July 2019 12:19 AM
- Ends 23 August 2019 10:10 PM
- All times are US/Central
- No Admission Charge
07:00 Setup, Coffee, Sign-in, Networking, Breakfast
07:55 Call to Order, Approve Agenda
08:00 Roll Call / Introductions
08:20 Section and Officers
Vice Chairs’ Report
09:00 Strategy, Initiatives, PARP (Leverage having received R5 Large Section Award):
- When 2020 Fall meeting will be held?
- FIN Committee
- AI Record Management (Contact + Position Update, Minutes, activities, events, job description)
- Outreach Program*
- Expand the base //Open House, Career Development, Professional Development
- Expand volunteer pool
- Incremental development of Communications Potal
- Nomination Committee, Election
- Review Relevant PARP (Drafts for approval consideration)
10:00 Coffee Break
10:30 Membership Development, Member Upgrade
Enhance Newsletter, Website, Social Media, .....
LM ( Austin, San Antonio), Tech Tour
11:15 Chapter/ affinity Group Reports*
PI2, PES, AP03/MTT17, SMC/AES, CAS/SSC, TEM & TEM-Grad, Elec Devices (ED15)
13:00 Student Branch Chair Activities
Including Student Conference
14:15 Chapter Reports continued
EMBS, Computer/EMBS, ComSoc/SP-A, ComSoc/SP-S, SEN, EMC27, CEDA, PHO36,
CPMT21, Magnetics/Nano Tech
14:45 New Business/Motion
- Future summits
- Future conference
Motion to Adopt …..
(*) Outreach to the professional community is simply multifold- strengthening the brand, share tech knowledge and provide networking opportunity and expand the base.