2019 IEEE Smart City Summit (SCS) – Disruptive Technologies Enabling Innovative Smart City Use Cases
2019 IEEE Smart City Summit (SCS), November 1, Austin
We are pleased to host IEEE Smart City Summit with the theme of disruptive technologies enabling innovative solutions and use cases. The summit will take place in Austin, November 1, 2019.
The summit will examine the impact of disruptive technologies onto potential innovative use cases in areas such as Healthcare, Smart Transportation, Smart Homes/Buildings, and Smart Cities.Disruptive technologies being considered include IoT, 5G, and analytics AI/ML/DL.
The summit is designed to bring strong involvement from the public sector, industry and academia aimed at deepening the understanding, and foster a forum for dialog, collaboration and develop actions needed to accelerate the adoption and deployment of disruptive technologies into key market segments in the context of Smart Cities.
The program includes ample opportunities for networking and knowledge sharing through keynote speeches, panel sessions of distinguished thought leaders and reception with demonstrations showcasing the use of technology.
Date: 1 November 2019
Location: TACC - Texas Advanced Computing Center, Austin
Date and Time
- Date: 01 Nov 2019
- Time: 07:30 AM to 06:30 PM
- All times are US/Central
- Add Event to Calendar
- Texas Advanced Computing Center Research Office Complex (ROC)
- 10100 Burnet Rd (R8700)
- Austin, Texas
- United States 78758
- Building: J.J. Pickle Research Campus, Building 196
- Room Number: Auditorium
- Click here for Map
- Starts 21 August 2019 10:41 AM
- Ends 01 November 2019 12:00 PM
- All times are US/Central
- Admission fee ?
- Menu: Roast Beef, Turkey & Avocado, Chicken Salad, Roasted Veggies
Summit Program Outline
7:30 – 8:30 Registration
8:30 – 9:00 Introduction
9:00 - 9:30 Keynote Speaker (1)
9:30 – 11:00 Session 1 “ Smart Cities”
Highlight advancement and disruptive technologies such as IoT, 5G, Analytics, Blockchain and security and their impact in building smart cities. Provide a set of use cases and potential challenges.
11:00 – 11:30 Break & Networking
11:30 - 12:00 Keynote Speaker (2)
12:00 – 13:15 Lunch
13:15 – 14:45 Session 2 “ Mobility – Autonomous Vehicle”
Explore transformation from ADAS-Advanced Assisted Automated System to Full Autonomous Vehicles with AI/ML for mobility and last mile.
14:45 – 15:15 Keynote speaker (3)
15:15 – 15:30 Break & Networking
15:30 – 17:00 Session 3 “Healthcare”
Explore transformation to smart health and wellness. Diagnosis, treatment and prevention. Smart hospitals/tele-health/Telemedicine.
17:00 – 17:30 Executive Panel Recap
17:00 - 18:30 Exhibit, Showcase, and Networking
Incentives for Registration:
- ComSoc student member: First 15 attend free*, then only $25 for any ComSoc member.
- IEEE member: $79, or save more than $20 on admission when you add ComSoc membership.
- IEEE student member: $49, or save more than $20 on admission when you add ComSoc membership.
- Nonmember: $169, or save almost $40 on admission when you join IEEE and add a ComSoc membership.
- Student nonmember: $79, or save more than $20 on admission when you join IEEE and add a ComSoc membership (student ID required at entry.)