Great Lakes Biomedical Conference
Digital Healthcare: Opportunities and Challenges
This conference brings together thought leaders, industry executives, and researchers in healthcare information technology (IT) field to discuss new developments and innovative solutions, challenges, and future outlook of this continuously evolving field. Topics include: data mining of patient information (e.g. Big Data), cybersecurity, Internet of Things, digital diagnostic tools/wellness applications, personalized medicine, healthcare informatics, policies, cloud-based medical devices, and others. Keynote and plenary speakers include Dawn Cappelli, VP and CISO of Rockwell Automation, Lisa Johnson, CEO of BioForward, cybersecurity thought leaders of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and other industry and research representatives of this field. The conference will feature plenary presentations, professional workshops, poster/technical sessions, undergraduate research and senior design presentations and demonstrations. Undergraduate and graduate students will benefit from a special career and networking event, and a resume workshop. This conference will be coupled with an early STEM education workshop for middle school and high school students.
Conference registration is now open!
Update: The registration deadline has been extended.
Link for Conference Flyer
Link for Program Agenda
Link for STEM Workshop Brochure
- Dawn Cappelli, VP and CISO, Rockwell Automation
- Lisa Johnson, CEO, Bioforward
- Jason Polzin, Ph.D., General Manager, Global MR Applications, GE Healthcare
- Gopal Avinash, Ph.D., Sr. Director, Data & Analytics, GE Healthcare
- Steve Abrahamson, Sr. Director, Product Cyber Security, GE Healthcare
- Seth Carmody, Ph.D., Cybersecurity Project Manager, Office of the Center Director, FDA
- Fred Mauermann, GSC Lean and Digital Manufacturing, GE Healthcare
- Saad Sirohey, Ph.D., General Manager, MICT Clinical Applciations, GE Healthcare
- Amanda Baltz, CEO, Spaulding Medical
- Carl Crawford, Ph.D., Csuptwo, LLC
- Joel Mykelbust, Ph.D., Deputy Director, Office of Science and Engineering Laboratories, CDRH, FDA
- Alex Grob, Medical Equipment Compliance Associates, LLC
- Drew Palin, M.D., President and Chief Medical Officer, Intellivisit
- Christopher Clifton, Ph.D., Professor of Computer Science, Purdue University
- Abby Taubner, Director of gBETA, gener8tor
- Jessica Franken, Partner, Quarles & Brady, LLP
- Margaret Utterback, Partner, Quarles & Brady, LLP
For inquiries related to plenary presentation opportunities, please contact Dr. Olga Imas (email@example.com).
For inquiries related to sponsorship/marketing opportunities, please contact Dr. Naira Campbell-Kyureghyan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DETAILS (NOTE: ABSTRACT DEADLINE HAS PASSED)
All conference participants are invited to submit a one-page abstract for poster or podium presentations, and for publication in IEEE Xplore Digital Library. The topics include all areas of biomedical engineering and are not limited to digital healthcare.
All abstracts will be peer-reviewed based on scientific and technological merit, validity and rigor of the approach, results and conclusions, and in accordance with IEEE publications guidelines. Accepted abstracts will be selected for either poster or podium presentation, and will be published in IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
It must be noted that abstracts should only be submitted by those who intend to attend the conference, and will not be published unless at least one author is available to present.
The abstract must not exceed one page in length and must comply with standard IEEE publications format. An IEEE abstract template is available here for download: Abstract Template
Abstract Submissions should be e-mailed to: email@example.com, with the subject header "GLBC SUBMISSION", by the deadline of February 22, 2017.
INFORMATION FOR AUTHORS PRESENTING
Authors who have had abstracts accepted will be informed whether they are assigned to present their work as a poster or podium presentation. Printed posters should be no larger than 40" X 60". Foam board will be provided for mounting the posters. Podium presentations will be 15 minutes each, including Q&A. A laptop computer will be available. Please either bring your Powerpoint presentation file on a flash drive to load onto the laptop, or bring your own laptop.
PLENARY AND KEYNOTE PRESENTER INFORMATION
Allotted presentation times, as indicated in the conference agenda, should include time for questions and answers (approximately 10 minutes). A laptop computer will be available. Please either bring your Powerpoint presentation file on a flash drive to load onto the laptop, or bring your own laptop.
Please see the Travel Information Page for details.
Date and Time
- Start time: 06 April 2017 07:30 AM
- End time: 07 April 2017 03:00 PM
- All times are US/Central
- Add to Google Calendar
- Registration closed
Dawn Capelli of Rockwell Automation
A Serious Risk that MUST be Mitigated: Insider Risk in Digital Healthcare
Address:Milwaukee,, United States
Lisa Johnson of BioForward
Wisconsin's Strength in Digital Health: A Point of Convergence
Address:Madison, United States
Link for Program Agenda