Common Sense Asset Management & Condition Monitoring
Please plan to attend this meeting of the Industry Applications Society. The Speaker will be G. Matthew Kennedy, Solutions Director Enterprise & Data Products, Doble Engineering.
Electric Utilities, Industrials, and owners of large transformers have access to more data than ever before. There should be better understanding of asset health, but more data can also lead to confusion if not well understood and resulting decisions will be suboptimal. This is true of other assets such as generators, breakers and instrument transformers.
Planning, strategic thinking, and collaboration across department boundaries are key to a successful asset management & condition-monitoring program. An agreed plan of action ahead of time will avoid confusion and delay, meaning actions can take place without the delay of explanations, negations, and justification.
This session will explore four key topics:
- How do you know condition monitoring is right for your asset management program? The reality is that asset condition can change more rapidly than scheduled off-line testing can identify, thus leaving you vulnerable to costly damages and outages.
- What problems are you trying to solve with condition monitoring? It is quite possible to miss a failure mode if an organization has not identified the appropriate system to monitor.
- What should you look for in a condition monitoring solution? The benefit of condition monitoring is that it provides a single point of access to data from many sources. It also allows for interrogation of data.
- What is your response plan to condition monitoring alerts? Maybe the most important aspect is to have a response plan. Without it, having data and alerts may not result in rapid, appropriate or agreed action.
Condition monitoring is a great tool to support asset decision, and when applied with care has demonstrated ability to detect failure modes and avoid failures. The business cases must identify cost benefits and applied condition monitoring to target known failure modes at targeted sites, thus reducing the likelihood of failures. This session will explain how tools such as the dobleARMS® Asset Risk Management System and doblePRIME Condition Monitoring platform can be a part of this solution.
Date and Time
- Date: 21 September 2017
- Time: 05:30 PM to 09:00 PM
- All times are America/Los_Angeles
- Add to Google Calendar
Please make reservations by September 18 by contacting Luis Soria via email: email@example.com or telephone: (415) 793-7909
No-host social at 5:30 pm; Presentation at 6:15pm; Dinner at 7:15 pm;
Presentation continues at 8:00 pm; Adjourn by 9:00 pm.
Upcoming Meetings - Mark your Calendars:
October 19, 2017 - Protection & Control Fundamentals Seminar